Film Victoria believes all Victorians have a role to play in making Victoria a more sustainable state for future generations.
As such, we have made a commitment to:
- Assist the broader screen industry to understand and reduce its environmental impacts
- Reduce our own direct environmental impacts through adopting an environmental policy, setting key objectives and targets
- Develop an environmental management strategy to achieve our goals
- Monitor and report on our achievements
- Be a leader within the Australia screen agency sector in addressing issues surrounding sustainability
We were the founding member of the National Green Screen Committee, a group comprising Screen Australia and all of the state Screen Agencies, and will continue to lead the committee in adopting policies and promoting best practices to screen practitioners throughout Australia.
We are dedicated to sustainable development to ensure we meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
A sustainability audit was commissioned for the BED OF ROSES series 2 & 3 - the findings have demonstrated a number of ways filmmakers are able to make changes, both big and small, to reduce a production’s environmental impact. Full findings below:
BED OF ROSES - Environmental Audit Synopsis (676.6 KB)
BED OF ROSES Series 2 - Full Sustainability Report (1.3 MB)