We’re offering two funding programs for Games in 2012/13
- Screen Marketing – Games Release
- Screen Development – Games
Good news! Following our mid-year review we’re pleased to be able to offer an additional round of Screen Marketing – Games Release in this financial year.
View the deadline.
Screen Development – Games
- assists Victorian games developers to create a diverse range of games for any distribution platform, with an emphasis on the creation of intellectual property (IP) and long-term benefits for their business
- companies will be eligible for an investment of between $30,000 and $90,000 to develop a prototype or full game, depending on level of experience
- funds are available to invest in commercially appealing projects that can attract overseas interest, create jobs and succeed in the global market.
- Please note: There are no further deadlines for this program in this financial year.
Screen Marketing – Games Release
- assists Victorian companies with limited or no experience in releasing games to deliver a well-planned and marketed release of their project
- companies will be able to apply for grants of up to $25,000 to attach marketing, business and legal consultants to their project
- this support aims to make both current and future releases more successful, and allow the companies to develop skills and networks critical to releasing games successfully.
Developed in consultation with the games sector, these programs will support Victorian developers to create and market high-quality games for global audiences.
Which program is best for you?
|If you ||You should apply for || What you'll get|
Want support to release a complete or soon to be complete game
Screen Marketing -
|A grant of up to $25,000, which you can spend on activities related to releasing your game|
Want support to develop a prototype or full game
Have a team with the requisite skills attached to the project
Screen Development -
An investment of between $30,000-$90,000 to develop your game, depending on your team’s experience
Assessment processWe’re making a few changes to improve our application and assessment process for Games and introducing an interview-based assessment approach.
Initial applications will consist of an application form, short pitch document and a budget. Applications will be considered by an assessment panel made up of industry experts and our staff, with shortlisted applicants being invited to an interview for further consideration.
This new process will apply across both programs. Read the guidelines for full details.
Deadlines for each program are available here.
Our Games programs give Victorian developers valuable support to develop and market high-quality games for global audiences.
If you are interested in applying for these programs, read the guidelines below to determine if you're eligible.
Screen Development - Games
Screen Marketing - Games Release
For initial queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 03 9660 3200 to speak to Head of Screen Industry Programs Sue Edwards. Applicants are required to speak with the Program Manager before making a submission.