All About Audience
As part of our ongoing commitment to audience development and engagement with Australian content, and the ongoing facilitation of research and data for content creators, we will continue to provide critical reports beyond the Arresting Audiences summit.
Film Victoria Research
These reports were provided to the attendees at the Arresting Audiences summit on September 23 and 24, 2010.
- Australian feature films, fictionals television and documentaries (121KB)
Results of the Roy Morgan research commissioned by us to survey Australians' perceptions and viewing habits of Australian content.
- Australian films at the Australian box office (446KB)
Analysis of box office takings of Australian films since 1964 with an inflation adjustment, to accurately compare performance over time.
- Audience testing in Australia: A case study (64KB)
Interview with acclaimed film and television producer, Robyn Kershaw, about her experiences audience testing BRAN NUE DAE.
- Genre and international box office (1.02MB)
Analysis of global box office takings by region and by genre to identify trends and gaps in film theatrical performance at an international level.
- Australian films and genre (676KB)
Analysis of types of films currently being produced in Australia and how local audiences respond over time.
- Embracing innovation: A new methodology for feature film production in Australia (111KB)
A critical paper written by Robert Connelly and distributed by AFTRS about distribution and business models.
- Getting interactive and social (73KB)
A glossary of social media and interactive terms, for the uninitiated.
- Television genre analysis (1.07MB)
Analysis of free to air programming by genre and network, over the 2009/2010 year.
ARRESTING AUDIENCES SUMMIT PRESENTATIONS
Here's just some of what was presented at the summit.
- Dan Gregory: Finding Your Audience (9.72MB)
- Diarmid Scrimshaw: Back To The Bucks (593KB)
- Diarmid Scrimshaw: Genre (538KB)
Gary Hayes: Co-creating Communities, Transmedia Storytelling
- Screen Australia's Production Industry Research
- Screen Australia's Beyond The Box Office Report
- ABC - Technology Explained
- Ted Hope's Hope for Film Blog
- AFTRS Centre for Screen Business
- Motion Picture Distributors of Australia
- OzTAM Television Audience measurement
- International Box Office data
- PriceWaterhouseCooopers Australian
- Entertainment and Media Outloook
- Nielsen Wire
- AFI Research Collection, School of Media and Communication, RMIT University
- Australian Bureau of Statistics Australian Social Trends
- Screen Digest Global Media Intelligence
- Why Don't Australians like Australian Films debate
- Edinburgh International Film Audiences Conference